SIA is Teaming Up with MAC for World AIDS Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

The Australian pop star behind the hit song “Cheap Thrills”, Sia, is the newest spokeswoman for MAC’s VIVA GLAM Lipstick. The future “Glam Hit Wonder” lipstick (dropping online and in stores on January 25, 2018) is a vibrant and boundary-pushing shade of red, named VIVA GLAM SIA. The bright red lipstick, similar to the shade Ruby Woo, will make your lips pop and help foundations combat AIDS.

You thought that the cherry on top was literally the shade of red? NO, NO, NO! Sia will be collaborating with MAC’s VIVA GLAM to donate directly every cent of the proceeds to help awareness and treatment fund programs that deal with AIDS. And, of course, the announcement of the collaboration from Sia herself through Instagram is no coincidence. Today is World AIDS Day!

As the World AIDS Day Organization explains on their website: “Globally, there are an estimated 36.7 million people who have the virus. Despite the virus being identified in 1984, more than 35 million people have died of HIV or AIDS, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history”. This collaboration is an opportunity for everyone to be a part of a worldwide movement that fights against HIV; supporting the people that live with the virus and remembering those who lost the fight.

Raising over $470 million to date, the M.A.C. VIVA GLAM’s collaboration with Sia offers all cosmetics lovers another way to cooperate with the cause until we wait for the glorious VIVA GLAM Sia red lipstick ($17.00) to drop in stores and then our makeup bags. You can choose other shades from the VIVA GLAM collection and help fight AIDS!

If you’re interested in buying any MAC VIVA GLAM product, here is a link to their page.

A 20 years old millennial in Puerto Rico, studying art history & journalism at the University of Puerto Rico.