This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Busy is a word we all like to throw around. But, if were honest a lot of us still manage to find time to start a new Netflix series or catch dinner and a movie with our friends. But, Ravine Taylor is truly busy. She’s an Administrative Assistant at UNT-International Main Office, an Academic Support Coach with UNT Mean Green Athletics, the second-year president of Engaged Beyond Borders, and a photography business owner. How does she do it?

How do you stay focused and organized wearing so many hats?

Time management and prioritizing tasks are absolutely essential. Keeping a detailed and organized planner for all of my appointments, meetings, jobs, and events is the best way I have found to stay organized. Also, making sure to schedule myself some down time and breathing room is also pretty important for staying motivated and engaged in all that I do.

What do you like to do in your free time?

In my free time, especially recently I’ve been doing research for my next round of tattoos, experimenting with my photography and trying to brainstorm new layouts and content for my blog. I also do a lot of excessive future planning for my travel and business goals.

What do you love most about photography?

I think what I love most about photography is how it allows you to take emotion or thoughts or feelings that are otherwise locked inside of yourself and express them to others visually. You can capture a feeling or a moment in a way that is tangible and can be kept forever.

What’s your favorite tattoo of yours?

My floral mandala lion piece is by far my favorite tattoo.

What would your ideal date be?

Going somewhere new and foreign, getting lost and just winging it. Walking around taking pictures, talking to each other about the world and everyone in it, eating breakfast for dinner and listening to music across a bonfire. Something like that. What’s your biggest inspiration?

I draw inspiration from everywhere honestly. From the music of Macy Gray and Phantogram to the writing and poetry of Gloria Anzaldua, Audre Lorde and Rupi Kaur, to the lives of my mother and grandmother. I’m inspired by every woman who is able to keep her head up and thrive in this society.

How does it feel to be a graduating in the spring?

It’s pretty terrifying. College has been such a jarring but fulfilling experience for me that leaving this chapter of my life behind is incredibly bittersweet. I don’t feel ready or comfortable taking on the big bad world, but I know that in order for me to continue growing as a person, I have to graduate and move on to the next step.

What’s been your best college experience so far?

Too many to name, college was lit!

What are your plans after gradation?

After graduation, I am either going to be a part of Teach for America and teach in either the Dallas/Fort Worth or somewhere, move to New Orleans and pursue my photography or continue on to grad school to get my Master’s in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies.

What does HerCampus mean to you?

HerCampus for me is a way to kind of chronicle the people that I have met in college and the advice and experiences that I have picked up along the way. It is a good way to exercise my writing and photography in ways that I don’t get to in my everyday work. HerCampus has also connected me with a lot of other passionate and talented writers, event coordinators, social media and other creatives which is absolutely invaluable when networking and building a brand.

Where can we check out all your work?

Photography Website: http://www.rstaylorphotography.com/

Photography Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/r.s.taylor_photography/

Personal Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/r.s.taylor/

Blog: https://bohostreetqueen.wordpress.com/

Kelly is a junior at the University of North Texas, studying interdisciplinary Studies and Spanish. When not blogging, she enjoys cooking, online shopping, pinteresting up a storm, and exploring both Denton and her hometown of Dallas. You can follow along with her adventures on Instagram or see what's she's pinning lately on Pinterest, she's @kellysredmond on both.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.