8 Reasons Celebrity Crushes are the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Full Disclosure: We should never forget that celebrities are real people. We should also never forget that their public image is hardly an accurate representation of who really they are. So, if you ask me, there’s no harm in obsessing over celebrities if we keep in mind that the idea of them is separate from their personhood.   

1. You’ll never have to face rejection.

In fact, they’ll probably tell you they love you on a regular basis. 

2. You get to share the crush with your friends.

We all know it’s unproductive to have a crush on the same boy as your bff. It’s a lose/lose situation. Crushing on the same celebrity, though, just means you get to plan a polygamous wedding. 

3. Develop photoshop skills.

That’s right, fawning over hot boys can help boost your résumé. Master the art of photo editing in an attempt to convince yourself and others that you’re in a real relationship with your favorite celebrity.  

4. You’ll be less vulnerable.

You don’t have to worry about him making rude comments about your eating habits or have to wait for him to text you back. You’ve got all the power, baby! 

5. You get to see them as much as you want.

Just pull up a Youtube video or watch a movie they’re in. It’s basically the same thing as spending time with them.  

6. Get crafty! 

It would be pretty weird if you ironed on a cute classmate’s photo onto your t-shirt. Not so weird if it was Shawn Mendes’ face! Alright, so it’s weird no matter what. Take it from me, the proud owner of this gifted Harry Styles plaque, the joy outweighs the embarrassment.  

7. Say goodbye to cryptic tweets.

No need for subtlety; go ahead and hit send on that “I would literally die for @ZacEfron” tweet. 

8. Success stories.

Occasionally, it all works out for us plebeians! Jake T. Austin is dating a fan who Twitter-stalked him for six years. We all know what that means: persistence is key.

Maddie is in her third year of existential woe at the University of North Texas. When she's not in the library, you will probably catch her painting, listening to cute acoustic music, dismantling the patriarchy, or trying to practice good self care. On a good day, she's doing all of them at once.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.