5 Pumpkin Patches in DFW to Visit this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

It’s finally October, which means cooler weather (hopefully soon) and time to get in to the mood for Fall. One of the best ways to celebrate the beginning of the season is to visit a pumpkin patch! Here are 5 pumpkin patches you can go to in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to get excited about Autumn:

1. Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch in Flower Mound, TX

The Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch is a highly popular spot in DFW, and for good reason! This location not only sells pumpkins starting at $2, they also have activities such as hay rides and multiple mazes. The Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch is open through October 31st.

2. Hall’s Pumpkin Farm and Corn Maze in Grapevine, TX

A fun pumpkin patch that also features a huge two-acre corn maze! Along with the pumpkins, there are also gourds, hay bales, and corn stalks, which are all perfect for Fall. Hall’s Pumpkin Farm and Corn Maze is open through October 31st.

3. Autumn at the Arboretum in Dallas, TX

More than just a pumpkin patch, the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden features more than 90,000 pumpkins, gourds, and squash arranged in stunning displays! There are also 150,000 beautiful plants and 4,500 Chrysanthemum flowers. Autumn at the Arboretum is open through November 22nd.

4. Preston Trail Farms in Gunter, TX

Preston Trail Farms’ pumpkin patch is also known as The Big Orange Pumpkin Farm with tons of pumpkins to choose from! They also offer hay rides, a hay maze, and a chance to see some farm animals. Preston Trail Farms’ pumpkin farm is open through November 22nd.

5. Pumpkins on the Prairie in Frisco, TX

This beautiful pumpkin patch includes tons of activities and photo ops! There are also a variety of pumpkins available for purchase. Pumpkins on the Prairie is open through October 31st.

Happy pumpkin picking!

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.