nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

23 Movies to Watch if You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Whether you’re recently single or hopelessly in search of your Prince Charming, here are some movies that you can vicariously live through on Valentine’s Day. Every girl wants some romance, comedy, and happiness in their life, so grab some chocolate, wine, your best girlfriends, and enjoy these movies!

1. Letters to Juliet (2010)- This movie combines foreign adventures, romance, and history all into one amazing film. 

2. The Proposal (2009)- The dream of any woman entering the corporate world with too much work to have time for silly flings!

3. Devil Wears Prada (2006)– This movie depicts a woman finding herself and true love all at once. 

4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)– Every girl needs a reminder of how important girlfriends really are, and this movie takes you on a trip around the world while doing just that.  

5. Legally Blonde (2001)– Female empowerment, Reese Witherspoon, and spunky pink outfits– that’s all that needs to be said. 

6. Maid in Manhattan (2002)– JLo is every girl’s glo-up goals as she portrays a beautiful, hard working woman in the city that never sleeps. 

7. 50 first dates (2004)– On a tropical paradise, this love story plays over and over. 

8. How to Lose a Guy in 10 days (2003)– Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson, name a better couple.

9. Just Friends (2005)– A young Ryan Reynolds embodies the hope of anyone trying to get out of the friendzone. 

10. Hitch (2005)-Will Smith’s character might just be outmatched by another lovely matchmaker. 

11. Bend it like Beckham (2002)– The frustration of when your parents don’t approve of your significant other unfolds in this movie. 

12. Eat, Pray, Love (2010)– Life doesn’t always go the way you want it, but sometimes it actually turns out alright.

13. Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)– Amazing soundtrack, teenage angst, and pure love.

14. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)- Somewhat of a grunge love story, but the soundtrack and romance will give you life.

15. Grease (1978)– If you haven’t already seen this then you are simply missing out on the best musical of all time.

16. Pretty in Pink (1986)– An 80s throwback that will put you in your feels and make you want to dress up in pink and dance to David Bowie.

17. She’s All That (1999)- A classic 1990s film that will make you believe in makeovers and inner beauty. 

18. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)– Personally my favorite movie of all time, it’s a classic. 

19. Sixteen Candles (1984)– Another 80s throwback that anyone with bad luck can relate to. 

20. Can’t Buy Me Love (1987)– Young Patrick Dempsey, need I say more? 

21. White Chicks (2004)– The Wayans brothers will keep you laughing for hours and might teach you a few “Yo Mama” jokes. 

22. Magic Mike XXL (2015)– HOT, HOT, HOT. So many ripped celebs acting out all of your wildest fantasies. 

23. Bridesmaids (2011)– Hilarious, raunchy, and very relatable.

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.