Your Guide to Pumpkin Decorating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Let’s be real. When it comes to October, pumpkins are the “it girl”. But let’s me more real, there can be so much more to pumpkins than actually carving them. There are so many cute ways to decorate a pumpkin. This week, get creative with your pumpkin decorating skills and really take advantage of all that is fall. Here are few ideas on how to add a little flavor to your pumpkin decorating: 

Buttons and Bows – With this idea, your pumpkin will literally be as cute as a button. Give it a little attitude with your favorite bow. 

Painted Patterns – Showcose your inner artist with cute painted patterns. Use vibrant colors or soft pastels. This is a nice way to add a spark of light to your pumpkin. 

Tape – This idea might be my favorite thing ever. Such a cute and easy way to decorate fall’s royalty fruit. (And yes, pumpkins are fruit). 

Floral and Polka Dots- Last but not least, what better way to decorate your pumpkin, then to use it as a vase itself. Floral is so in right now. Adding floral to your pumpkin will be the perfect mix of fall and spring vibes. Polka dots will bring a fun personality to your design.