The Wedding Proposal of the Century

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

While dreaming of a flawless wedding, it’s hard to gloss over the perfect proposal. In recent years, men have stepped up to the creative plate, setting the bar high. From taking out advertisements in the paper to flash mobs and grand finales, it’s certain that some women now expect grand public gestures of love from their proposal. This may be unrealistic, but who doesn’t like to ooh and ahh over the few and the brave men achieving internet fame because of their ingenuity? 

Recently receiving a lot of attention is Ryan Leak, a man who not only made a grand proposal, but planned a wedding. After overhearing his girlfriend Amanda say that she’d love to get engaged and married in the same day, he took it upon himself to make it happen. He picked through her Pinterest wedding board and arranged every last detail, from the dress to the flowers. He then shocked his bride by not only asking her if she wanted to get married, but wanted to get married the same day. They then went on to pledge their love in front of their closest friends and family only hours later in Miami, Florida. 

The only question running through the minds of America: does he have a brother?

Watch the video here.

And in case you have extra tissues left over, read Buzzfeed’s article: 13 Heartmelting Marriage Proposals.