Victoria’s Secret CEO Believes Women Go to the Gym to Show Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Many women shop at Victoria’s Secret for items such as perfume, lotion, leggings, lingerie, and collegiate apparel. Victoria’s Secret also sells gym apparel and has now come out with a knockout bra; It’s a sports bra with push up features and padding. Victoria’s Secret’s CEO came upon the idea by thinking that women go to the gym to show off. “It’s a fashion club now,” Victoria’s Secret CEO Sharen Jester Turney said. “The days of wearing our old workout shorts and ratty T-shirts are over. We wanted to solve the uniboob problem, where your sports bra makes you look straight across — no one likes that. This bra is just as much about performance and function as the look.” Unfortunately, the bras aren’t selling as well as Turney thought. Some say that this is because women care more about working out than what they look like. “Why must everything we do be sexualized?” asked writer Almie Rose in a recent blog post. “Isn’t the gym the one place left where we can just be ourselves?” The bra can be found in local Victoria’s Secret stores ranging from $29-$54.

Photo from: ://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-05/enhanced/webdr06/4/20/enhanced-9714-1399250444-1.jpg