Stocking Stuffers For Your Friends & Your Wallet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

The holiday season is here and gift-giving is near!  If you’ve been agonizing over what to get your friends for Christmas and searching high and low for the perfect gifts (with the perfect price!), or even if you need some ideas to put on your own Christmas list, stop worrying and look no further.  I’ve compiled a list of the best stocking stuffers for all of your friends, from the fashion gurus to the tech-lovers.  Make everyone happy this year…including your wallet!

The “All Things Beautiful” Friend:

1. EOS Organic Lip Balm, $2.96 at Walmart

This fun-shaped balm contains antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter, and jojoba oil, keeping lips moist, soft, and sensationally smooth–and it comes in so many flavors.  Gotta get those lips ready for mistletoe season!

2. Victoria’s Secret Noir Tease “Sexy Little Things” Mini Scented Body Mist, $10 in-store deal at Victoria’s Secret

Allow her to get her flirt on this holiday season with this sensuous, warm blend of black vanilla, frozen pear, and blooming gardenia.  It’s a perfect scent for everyone on your list!  Trust me, I would know…I have it!

3. Revlon Beyond Natural Eyelashes – Thickening Chic, $3.99 at drugstore.com

Pack on the drama at your guys’ upcoming holiday parties with these gorgeous thickening lashes that will wow all friends and family!  They’re natural enough so she won’t look like she’s going to a costume party, but dramatic enough to make a statement and look amazing.

4. Essie “Leading Lady” Nail Polish, $7.79 at Target

You can’t dress for the holidays without some sparkle, but if she’s not the type to go all out with a sequin dress, then give her this deep red glitter polish to give her some pizzazz.

The “Fashionista” Friend:

1. Sideways Cross Bracelet (Silver or Gold), $8 on Etsy (Shop: mayztsuan)

If you’ve been following the latest jewelry trends, you should know that the sideways cross is becoming a very popular piece.  So surprise your friend with this simple yet elegant bracelet…and maybe grab one for yourself too.  They would be great as friendship bracelets! 

2. Foil Python Phone Wristlet, $8.50 at Charlotte Russe

This stylish case comes in vegan leather with a foil snakeskin print.  Not only is it an attention-grabber, but it’s also very convenient!  Inside, it holds your ID, credit cards, cash and cell phone.  It’s the perfect solution for a fashion-conscious, unorganized college student.

3. Brash Dizzy Floral Bow Barrette Set (3-pack), $5.99 at Payless Shoesource

These cute barrettes are a fun way for her to bring out her inner child and make a statement over the holidays.  Have her add these to her funky hairdos and she’s bound to have a good time wherever she goes!

4. Thick Cable-Knit Beret (Taupe), $7.50 at Charlotte Russe

Whether her ‘do is curled and fabulous or struggling after a long night out, this comfy slouchy hat is sure to make her look like the fashionista that she is.

The “Tech-Savvy” Friend

1. Bluelounge Cool Feet for iPads and/or Laptops, $8 at x-tremegeek.com

Does she love spending time on her iPad or laptop but is always complaining about it getting too hot?  Give her these compact and removable supports that temporarily attach to the bottom of your laptop with suction cups, allowing for a constant cooling airflow.  How neat!

2. EMTEC Flash Drives, $9.99 at Office Depot

EMTEC has just about every kind of flash drive imaginable: farm animals, safari animals, Looney Tunes, Angry Birds…you name it!  This fun gift is great way to say, “I think you’re a nerd, but I love you anyway.”

3. iPhone Cases, various prices on Amazon ($4.99, $7.41)

We all know that just about everyone has an iPhone these days, so why not make her feel special and get her a case that showcases her personality?  Amazon has an abundance of all different kinds of iPhone cases (for every personality) at very reasonable prices, so you might as well get her a couple!

4. MacBeth Collection Earphones, $9.88 at Walmart

It’s time to jam out in style!  These soft, flexible earbuds come in an assortment of colors and patterns, so you shouldn’t have a hard time finding a pair that your BFF will love!

The “Husker Fan” Friend

1. Nebraska Huskers Jersey Bottle Holder, $7.99 on Amazon

Is your bestie a die-hard Husker fan who likes to party?  If so, this stocking stuffer is sure to be a hit!

2. Huskers/Blackshirts Detachable Lanyard w/ Key Ring, $7.19 on Amazon

Everyone needs a Husker lanyard at some point in their life, so make your friend’s time NOW with this awesome one!  She can show her school spirit while staying organized–every college student’s dream.

3. Nebraska Huskers Baseball Bracelet, $10.35 on Amazon

Whether she’s a sports fan or not, I’m sure she’ll love this bracelet.  It’s too cool not to!  It’s made from real baseball stitches and authentic baseball leather with a unique elastic baseball bead closure, sure to fit every size wrist.

4. Nebraska Huskers Car Coaster, $2.49 on Amazon

College students’ cars aren’t always the cleanest places, but help your BFF out by getting her these coasters.  You just put them in your drink holders and they protect the bottom from stains and spills; how cool!  

Click on the corresponding number to access the link to each great product!
1, 2, 3, 4 / 1, 2, 3, 4 / 1, 2, 3, 3, 4 / 1, 2, 3, 4