Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Every College Girl Needs a Target Debit Card

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Let me start off by saying that this post is not in any way, shape, or form, sponsored by Target. I am just a normal college girl who loves everything about Target (it even smells good in there – haha!).

I was recently informed by a cashier while checking out about Target’s recent addition of the debit card system. I politely took the pamphlet and forgot about the whole thing for a while. About a month later, I saw the saw pamphlet sitting on my desk and decided to research it a bit more… I was SOLD! Here’s why:

• The Target Debit card connects to your regular checking account. That’s right, no separate account needed, no weird catches, your account will just have the two cards connected to it.
  • You get 5% off of your entire purchase every time you are at Target. You can have coupons, use cartwheel, buy sale items, whatever. The 5% off will still be taken off at the end. I know that might not seem like all that much, but if you go to Target near as much as I do, those savings will really add up!
  • As an added bonus, you get that same 5% off at the Starbucks and food courts located in the stores (!!!) As if you needed an extra reason to get a latte, am I right?
  • Since this debit card technically counts as a “Red Card” you get special perks such as extended returns in-store or online and free two-day shipping on their website! Amazing!

As I said before, this is just a helpful hint to all my fellow Target-lovers out there. I went through the process to get the card, and I have never looked back. Instead, I am spreading the word about what an awesome deal this really is!

If you are interested, you can find out more here: https://www.target.com/c/redcard/-/N-4tfyn