5 Underrated Animated Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

We all know The Lion King is great, everyone loves Finding Nemo and all three of the Toy Story movies will go down in history as some of the greatest. But have we forgotten about all of the movies from our childhood, or even some recent ones, that don’t get as much hype? Here’s a list of animated movies that I would consider to be very underrated:

1. Hercules

Let us never forget Meg’s melodramatic yet relatable song “I Won’t Say I’m In Love”, and the epic “Zero to Hero”, which always gets me dancing. And “Go the Distance” may be the most encouraging song of all time.

2. Over the Hedge

It’s easy to forget that this movie exists for some reason. Verne (a turtle) and his friends are on a mission to find out what lies over the hedge that sprung up on their habitat.

3. The Land Before Time

This film follows Littlefoot, a dinosaur who was orphaned after his mother was killed by a Tyrannosaurus. Littlefoot and his friends go on a journey to find “The Great Valley”, led by the spirit of his mother. This one is definitely worth a watch.

4. The Good Dinosaur

People might disagree with me on this one, but I thought this movie was absolutely incredible. It didn’t get as much attention as I thought it would when it came out in 2015, but the characters are so loveable and it really pulls at my heartstrings.

5. Brother Bear

The main lesson of this movie is putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and seeing other perspectives. The film follows Kenai, a young man who turned into a bear after his brother was killed by one. This movie may just change your life.

Liz is a current student at UNL, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Education.