4 Ways To Unwind After Finals And Prepare For Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Finals are coming up and you know what that means: if you survive it’s SUMMERTIME. Here are a few things you can do to help yourself relax before or after finals to get ready for summer.

Try a chocolate facial.

This chocolate facial has so many healthy benefits for your skin. It will tighten your skin and shrink pores. The cocoa powder has lots of good antioxidants for your skin while honey and yogurt can treat acne. Get ready to leave your skin glowing.

Ingredients:

·       1 tablespoon cocoa powder

·       1 tablespoon honey

·       1 tablespoon natural yogurt

After mixing ingredients, apply a generous amount of the mixture to your face with a makeup brush, avoiding your eyes, and let it sit for 20-25 minutes. Rinse the mixture off with water and moisturize your skin.

Prep your hair for perfect sun kissed locks.

In the summer the sun’s rays will naturally lighten your hair, which is a cheap alternative to getting highlights in the salon. Here’s what you need to do:

Ingredients:

·      1 cup lemon juice

·      ¼ cup warm water

·      spray Bottle

·      sunshine

Mix your lemon juice and water together and pour it in your spray bottle. Apply generously to your hair until it is damp. Go lay out in the sunshine for 30-60 minutes (don’t forget sunscreen). After, shower and apply plenty of conditioner. The more you do this the lighter your hair will get.

Get silky smooth legs.

Sometimes shaving your legs can be a serious hassle. With this DIY scrub you can make your legs super silky and shave less often. Here’s how:

Ingredients:

·       1 1/4 cup sugar

·       1/2 cup oil (olive, coconut, baby, canola, or etc)

·       3 tablespoons citrus juice (lemon or lime)

·       razor

Mix all ingredients. Soak legs in warm water for 5 minutes, or do this at the end of your shower. Shave your legs once. After this, apply the mixture and enjoy the massage. The sugar will exfoliate to remove dead skin or hair, the citrus mimics a mild skin peel which brightens the skin, and the oil will pen deeply moisturize skin. After you’ve applied a generous amount of the mixture, shave your legs again, making sure to regularly rinse the razor. After, you can get out of the shower and apply moistorizer. For best results, make sure the first ingredient is water and try to stay from Paraffin oils or gels in your lotion. Enjoy your supermodel legs!

Get a healthy glow.

The sun can be healthy in moderation but getting that bronzed summer tan can be damaging for your skin, especially if you don’t use sunscreen. This sunless self-tanner is one that you can do at home and will show up immediately and last a few days. 

Ingredients:

·       2 tbsp of cocoa powder

·       ant lotion you have laying around

·       container for the mixture

·       cotton balls (for application)

Mix all ingredients and apply just like you would with regular lotion. You can modify the amount of powder depending on your current skin tone and how dark you want to be. This should last about 3-4 days.

Enjoy these remedies, good luck on finals, and have a spectacular summer!

photos: 1/2/3/4