christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What’s All That Yakkin About?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

College students are always searching for an excuse to procrastinate just a few minutes longer. Because let’s be honest, who really wants to do hours of homework without a “quick” social media break? The newest trendy App to hit the University of New Hampshire campus is called “Yik Yak”, an anonymous Twitter-like social network that allows you to post statuses in a giant newsfeed. Geared toward college campuses, the App uses GPS to create a feed within a 10-mile radius. The App was released in 2013 and has recently become popular here at UNH. Users can post and comment anonymously, and like or dislike the posts by giving them an “up” or a “down”.

Using the “Peek” feature, users can check out feeds at other popular campuses including James Madison University, Texas A&M, Louisiana State University, and many others. Although some school campuses have blocked Yik Yak from their Internet due to cyber-bullying issues, it has remained at UNH and continues to make people laugh. Fortunately, students here have posted a range of interesting, raunchy, and hilarious “Yaks”, but malicious posts remain off the news feed.

Here are some of our favorite Yaks so far!

1. Miracle at Dimond

2. UNH-insecure

3. I’m all for “going green” but….

4. Adios!

5. Isn’t this why we all went to college?

6. Relationships 101

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!