This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

An open letter to my long distance BFF,

I could open this letter saying how thankful I am to have found such an amazing friend like you, but you already know that. I could also open it by asking how you’re doing and what new things are going on in your life? Once again, that’s something I already know. People face relationships that fall apart and drift away because of the distance, but ours have grown stronger. We both live different lives, but not matter where we end up you will always be my best friend. You will be my one phone call when I’m in trouble or need help. You will be my FaceTime call at 2 am when I can’t sleep because I’m homesick or I need to catch you up immediately on a crazy night out. You will be my therapist when my whole world feels like it’s crashing down.

We’ve battled time differences, weeks of not seeing each other, and celebrated holidays and birthdays separately. Luckily, we still make it work. We’ve both have had friends come and go, but it’s the unspoken rule that we’ll never leave each other’s side (mostly because you know too many secrets). Over our 10+ years of being best friends, you’ve never left my side, even through the hard times. For that, I’m forever grateful. Not many people find someone who they just click with and I just want to say thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for all the laughs and all the tears that came with this beautiful friendship. Thank you for being a huge part of my life even when we are 1,000 miles apart. Thank you for being my person.

I cannot wait to reunite again and pick up exactly where we left off.

-XOXO Your long distance bff

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!