How To: Find the Perfect Bathing Suit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As classes wind down and the sun starts to make more appearances, the ideas of a care free summer begins to enter the minds of every student, pushing out whatever disgusting things they were subjected to in Germs and Making Babies. To go along with the perfect summer there is one thing that every girl needs. The perfect bathing suit.

I was recently shopping in Newington for one myself and am surprised to say that it was difficult finding much of a selection in several of the stores I went to. Seriously? It’s the beginning of May.  Luckily there are still some locations-both in store and online- that have plenty to choose from!

Victoria’s Secret:
I am convinced that they have the best bathing suits. Their catalog and online selection has something for everyone. (300+ styles!) Top styles include tankini, halter and push-up. Some of the bottom styles are string, skirted, low rise and scoop. Whether you want an elaborate pattern, a solid color or jewel embellished, they’ve got it.  The only drawback with Victoria’s Secret; it can be a little on the pricier side.

(umm we’re OBSESSED with Marisa Miller!)

Macy’s:
Macy’s has a great selection both in store and online. Prices range by designer you choose. (Calvin Klein is a bit pricier then Roxy and Caribbean Joe.) There is a good balance between one and two piece suits. A lot of the one piece suits in store have cute ruffles going up the front. Flowery patterns and solid colors are highly featured.

American Eagle:
All-American, totally girly styles are what you will find for bathing suits at American Eagle. Patterns are subtle and are typically in lighter colors. Flowers and stripes are the most common prints, alongside solid binkinis. Full bathing suits mostly do not cost less than $50.

PacSun:  
If funky eye-popping patterns and a more rock star style is what you are looking for, then PacSun is the right fit for you. They do have some solids and more basic patterns like stripes, but what makes their suits stand out is their variety of bold, psychedelic prints and touches of lace and lettering. Prices are very reasonable. Each piece is priced separately, but some tops and bottoms are under $20.

The right fit can easily be found at one of these four locations. So get ready for beach weather, its right around the corner.

Photos: 
– http://www.victoriassecret.com/
http://www.roxy.com/home/index.jsp?camp=psdid
– http://www.ae.com/web/browse/category_full_fashion_guide.jsp?catId=cat90032

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.