Fall Concert 2014: Slightly Stoopid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Since August all students of UNH have been awaiting the announcement for who will be performing for fall concert 2014. On Wednesday October 24th at 12:30pm SCOPE announced the band Slightly Stoopid will be the University’s fall concert.

About the Band:

The American band with eight members has been in existence for 17 years now. They describe their music to be a mix of “a fusion of folk, rock, reggae and blues with hip-hop, funk, metal, and rock.” They are from San Diego, California but are on tour taveling the nation often to perform to their loyal fans. Artists such as Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bob Marley, and Descendents have been influential to the band.

Five popular songs you should check out:

1. 2AM
  2. Closer to the Sun
  3. Collie Man
  4. This Joint
  5. Wiseman

There have been mixed reactions about the band as fall concert, the most promonant reactions being:

1. YES! My favorite band of all time. This will be the third time seeing them perform!
  2. NO! What a ‘stoopid’ concert idea. Dear SCOPE..
  3. Who is Slightly Stoopid?
  4. I don’t like “a fusion of folk, rock, reggae and blues with hip-hop, funk, metal and punk.”
  5. Way-to-go SCOPE! I’m up for something new.

Concert Information:

When: Saturday November 15th @8pm

Where: The Whitt

Ticket Prices: Student floor- $25, Guest floor-$35, Student Bowl- $15, Guest Bowl-$25

Tickets went on sale as of October 23rd, don’t miss out and buy your ticket at the MUB box office ASAP!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!