Best Study Spots on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Schoolwork is undoubtedly starting to pile up, as we are almost finished with the first third of the semester, can you believe it? Even though it feels like our professors try their hardest to schedule tests, quizzes, essays, projects and presentations all on the same day, everything can be accomplished with a little focus and determination. If it’s hard for you to find a space to get your work done, read along for a few of the best study spots on campus!

Dimond Library

While this one may seem pretty obvious, Dimond Library is one of the best places to study on campus. Set with quiet study rooms, computer clusters, work cubes, endless tables and chairs, and little nooks between the rows of books, there’s always a place to go in Dimond that’ll meet your study needs. Dimond also has every resource one could possibly need in one place. Not to mention, with Zeke’s Café located on the fourth floor, one could easily spend their entire day there.

Paul College Breakout Rooms

One of the newest additions on campus, Paul College’s Breakout Rooms are the mecca of studying. These rooms can be reserved for one and two-hour blocks by following this link here! Popular for group projects and study groups, breakout rooms in Paul are equipped with the latest computer technology to make projects effortless, but single study sessions are also common if you need a quiet place to focus. If there aren’t any breakout rooms available, Paul’s lobby and hallways are also filled with great study spots and outlets!

Union Court, Memorial Union Building

Full of tables, chairs, and outlets, and convenience, Union Court is a great option for studying… but steer clear of prime time lunch hours when the place can feel like a zoo. Studying in Union Court in the morning and late in the afternoon and evening is one of the best qualities of the MUB, and Dunkin’ is only a short walk away to fuel your early morning or late night study habits!  

Rockingham Lounge, Memorial Union Building

Just upstairs from Union Court (especially when it’s too busy), the Rockingham Lounge is a great alternate! Equipped with tables, chairs, couches, huge windows, and a cozy fireplace, it’s one of the more aesthetically pleasing places to get some work and studying done on campus! Similarly to Union, it’s close to Dunkin and HoCo as well.

The Freedom Café

A hidden gem in Durham, The Freedom Café is a great place to study and sip on tea and coffee (all donations go to causes to end human trafficking). Located on Mill Road, only a 5 minute walk from Main Street, the Freedom Café exudes a relaxing vibe, making it the perfect getaway to get some uninterrupted studying done away from the bustle of campus.

Residence Hall Lounges

Another obvious choice…But believe it or not, the lounges in your dorm are the ultimate place to study when you don’t want to go anywhere, but can’t seem to get anything done in your room. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!