5 Ways To Get Involved On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As some of you have previously been told, the years you spend in college will be some of the best years of your life! As a senior, it is sentimental looking back and reflecting on all of the memories I’ve made with people I’ve met from the experiences I was a part of. After getting involved on campus, my college experience went from good to great! Here are a few ways to get involved on campus so that you too can have the best four years of your life!

1. Go through recruitment

Joining a sorority was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It has allowed me to meet some of my best friends, make connections with the Greek community on campus, as well as create a home away from home.

2. Join an intramural sports team

One of the things I miss most about high school, is playing sports and the bonds that are made with teammates. Intremural sports are a great way to get back to the athlete that you once were before coming to college, and meeting people that enjoy the same sports as you do. 

3. Sign up for a club you are intersted in or that is within your major

This is also a great way to meet people that have the same interests and goals as you do. Joining a club or an organization can not only allow you to meet people, but it can be a simple yet effective way to build your resume and create professional connections. 

4. Apply for a job on campus

If you are like me and are a big spender, getting a job on campus is proably for you! Whether it be working in the dining hall, stores downtown, or a babysitting job, cash flow is key. When I worked in the dinging hall it was not the most glamorous job, but I met people who I would not normally hangout with. This made going to work way more enjoyable than it would have been without the friends that I made through it. 

5. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and meet more people

This is the most cliche yet most important piece of advice I can offer. When you put yourself out there in college, it is surprising how many friends, professors, and employers you will make connections with. Some connections will only last during these four years, but some will continue on once you leave.

Make the best of these four years of college because they only come around once! 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!