15 Celebrities With Beautiful (Pale) Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Tan skin is old…literally and figuratively. With spring rapidly approaching, it seems that the pressure to hit the tanning beds or lather on a layer of Jergens ‘natural glow’ before bed every night is higher than ever. We all want to look great in our new suits, and none of us want to be burnt to a crisp under the tropical rays, but I find myself wondering, escpecially when it comes to tanning, when the risk becomes greater than the reward. It’s hard to ignore the skin-cancer related stories about young people who’s love for a deep orange glow resulted in serious illness, or even death. We’ve grown up in a society where nice glow represents health, youth, beauty, and other adjectives that depict something slightly more attractive than a palid cave-person. We have also grown up in a society that knows better. We know what tanning does, we know how bad it is, and we know that – if even for asthetic purposes- the benefits are pretty short lived. And yet, it remains pretty acceptable. For those of you who find yourself fighting the same inner-battle as myself, keep fighting, and keep reading. The following are the ever-growing crop of porcelain-skinned celebrities who know that the key to maintaining their natural good looks is to avoid the sun and the tanning beds all together. 

1. Scarlett Johannson 

[pagebreak]

2. Michelle Trachtenberg 

[pagebreak]

3. Emma Stone 

[pagebreak]

4. Zoey Deschanel 

[pagebreak]

5. Gwen Stefani 

[pagebreak]

6. Rachel McAdams

[pagebreak]

7. Christina Hendricks 

[pagebreak]

8. Reese Witherspoon 

[pagebreak]

9. Kirsten Dunst 

[pagebreak]

10. Megan Fox 

[pagebreak]

11. Blake Lively 

[pagebreak]

12. Amanda Seyfried 

[pagebreak]

13. Jennifer Lawrence 

[pagebreak]

14. Kate Bosworth

[pagebreak]

15. Kira Knightley

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!