This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

10 Things to be Thankful for at UNH

By: Mia Scampoli

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I decided to take some time to think back on all the things UNH offers each and every day. So as the holiday sneaks up on us don’t forget to be thankful for all of the things we’re offered here on campus. Here are 8 things UNH students can feel most thankful for this holiday season.

1. Friends

Be thankful for the close friends you met freshmen year of college in Williamson and Xsen. Who you probably just signed a lease with for your first apartment- cue the excitement! UNH gave us these friendships and we should always be thankful we were placed in those freshmen dorms. We were basically forced to live within inches from one another, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

2.  Dining Halls

Whether you and your friends are eating at HOCCO, Philly or Stillings you know there will always be something to please your taste buds. From Philly’s stir-fry  bar, to Stillings’ omelet bar, to Hoccos spinach artichoke dip, the options are endless! And let’s not forget the Harvest Dinner we all gained ten pounds from last week. Amen sweat pants, amen (I guess I’m also thankful for those).

3. Warm Days On T-Hall

I think we can all agree there’s nothing better at UNH than grabbing a blanket and doing homework on T-Hall or maybe even just laying down. As the warm weather comes around everyone heads to T-Hall to grab a spot and appreciate UNH’s beautiful campus. If you haven’t done this you’re truly missing out.

4. Sporting Events.

Who doesn’t love a good football, basketball or hockey game? There is always a sporting event happening on a Friday or Saturday that you should attend! Also, who doesn’t love an excuse to tailgate? (I know I do) Go grab your tickets and head to a game!!

5. Not having 8ams.

I think we can all agree we never made it to every 8am and the absences caught up with us. So as registration comes around and an 8am doesn’t show up on your schedule, give yourself a pat on the back because you deserve it. Thanks for letting us catch some extra Z’s UNH.

6. WildKitty.

This is the place that eats your dining dollars so you can eat at crazy hours. For those late weekend nights, they’re open until 1am. And did I mention they have waffle fries?! I mean, what’s better than that?

7. UNH Transit Buses

Not all schools have buses that take them to class, around campus and the campus mall. Paying for public transit is for adults, and we’re not ready yet! They might not always be on time or up to date when they are arriving, but they take us where we need to be. Always be thankful for our buses, especially when we’re not so thankful for the weather.

8.  Downtown Durham

When it’s late on a weekend and you want pizza, a Freddy special, or the bar- it’s all right there! Downtown is always the night scene on the weekends and the line in Dhop never takes that long. With the bars across the street, we couldn’t ask for much more.

9. Coffee, coffee and more Coffee.

Every college kid needs coffee and although America may run on Dunkin, UNH runs on much more than just Dunkin. Whether you get your daily cup of coffee from Aroma Joes, Higher Grounds, Ramones, Zekes, Corner Stone, or Dunkin you’ll never be disappointed. Whichever place meets your coffee needs these stores and carts are always there when you need them most. Don’t forget to thank them this holiday season!!

10. Wildcat Pride

Everyday is a great day to be a Wildcat! Who doesn’t love school pride, I know I do. Whether it’s joining the Cat Pack or just attending a football game, UNH always has pride. Join a club or organization and start showing your Wildcat Pride. Go wildcats!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!