Campus Cutie: Techeira Francis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

We’re super excited to have a HC team member as a cutie! From casual conversations to the input she gives for Her Campus UNF, this cutie keeps us on our toes, and full of life. 

Name: Techeira Francis

Age: 20       

Major: Criminal Justice

Year: Junior

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: The Virgin Islands, St. Thomas

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

TF: Well in 10 years I see myself working for Homeland Security either as a Foreign Service Agent or a Secret Service Agent.

HC: Name three things that excite you.

TF: Oh!

1. Men with beards and tattoos. Especially those that have both!
  2. Books written about crime (fiction and nonfiction)
  3. A new episode of Scandal!

HC: Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.

TF: I am not a picky person. I love everything. No need to make choices on things, that’s how you miss out. Just go with the flow and appreciate what comes your way!

HC: What song are you secretly obsessed with, but embarrassed to sing out loud?

TF:  I don’t know if I am embarrassed to sing it but I don’t play around anyone only because it is in french. A group called Pentatonix, which gives me so much life with every note they sing, covered a song by a French artist, Somae, called Papaoutai and it’s amazing! I know all the words, which are in french.

HC: What is something that you take the most pride in?

TF: Materialistically…SHOES! Characteristically, how humble I am. I don’t like bragging or giving myself attention. Who I am and what I have is all that I could ever ask for.

HC: What’s the last book you really loved?

TF: I don’t really have just one book I really love. I love every book I read. But, there is one book I always go back to, ‘The Giver” by Lois Lowry. I guess in a way that book helps me to understand humanity, communication and wisdom in different ways. It opens up my mind’s eye! I have read it a total of 17 times since I first read it in the fifth grade. It is my life book.

HC: What’s one thing you’d be disappointed to never have experienced?

TF: Travelling the world. I want to at least see one city in every country and nation before I die.

HC: What is the scariest thing you have ever done?

TF: Leave land. I have an unnatural fear of heights. It’s a complicated ordeal. I can ride roller coasters, fly on airplanes and all that, BUT if I have to physically climb a ladder, a lighthouse, a tall building, a rooftop, or whatever, then expect complete silence and oceans of tears running down my face. The fear is so real.

HC: What impact do you want to leave on the world?

TF: I want to leave my blueprint on every female’s character. I want them to know that their body doesn’t have to be used a tool to prove they can do a job that a man can also do. I need them to understand that the skin,body,mind and soul that is theirs is THE most gorgeous thing ever and it kills!

HC: How do you like being involved with Her Campus?!

TF: I absolutely LOVE being involved with Her Campus! I am not a writer by any means, but this website has broadened my horizon completely. I love expressing who I am on  a website whose audience is women who understand where I am coming from and have experiences similar to mine.

Hello all! My name is Emina, I am a junior at the University of North Florida, double majoring psychology and criminal justice, with aspirations of being a lawyer. Currently I am conducting interviews and writing the Campus Cutie, section of the UNF chapter for hercampus.com.  If anyone has any suggestions about who should be our next campus cutie fell free to email me, at this email address: sehovicemina@yahoo.com!  
My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!