Campus Cutie: Andy Nguyen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

Whether it’s basketball or volleyball, “ball is life” for this week’s cutie.

Name: Andy NguyenMajor: Exercise ScienceYear: JuniorHometown: Jacksonville, FloridaRelationship Status: SingleAge: 20

HC: Unlimited love or money?

AN: Unlimited love

HC: If you knew you would die in one week, what would you do?

AN: Spend time with my family. Do as many things on my bucket list as much as I can.

HC: What type of girl are you attracted to?

AN: Nice girls. Girls that are down to earth.

HC: What was the weirdest relationship you have ever had?

AN: I don’t think I’ve ever had a weird relationship.

HC: What makes you smile in life?

AN: Being with the people I care about.

HC: What is your favourite ice cream flavour and why?

AN: Cookies and Cream because it just tastes good.

HC: Who was your first crush?

AN: A girl named Amy in first grade. Vietnamese was my first language so going into school I was completely lost. She was my first friend. She helped me with my English and I developed the biggest crush for her.

HC: What are your ideas about true love?

AN: True love is when you can’t stand a day without talking to that person. True love is never being bored when you’re with them. True love is doing anything for your significant other because they mean the world to you. True love is doing anything in your power to make he/she smile when they aren’t having the best day.

HC: What’s your favourite colour?

AN: Blue

HC: Describe the most embarrassing moment in your life?

AN: Most embarrassing moment in my life would probably be in high school when I did the cinnamon challenge in front of a girl I liked. I had no idea what the cinnamon would do to me so I did it and the next thing I knew I just spitting up cinnamon in front of this girl.

HC: What’s the habit you’re proudest of breaking?

AN: The habit I’m proudest of breaking is not being too competitive. I play volleyball for the mens club team here at UNF and they’ve taught me to just play the game and have fun.

HC: What was your funniest moment of your life?

AN: I was at a party and everybody was having a good time just kicking back. And out of nowhere this kid, who was hammered, jumps onto the beer pong table and broke it in half.

HC: If you ruled the world, what would your change?

AN: The first thing I would change would be world peace. There is so much violence in this world that I feel is unnecessary. If we managed to put together our resources and cooperated with one another the possibilities are endless. Another thing would be feeding the poor. After my travels to Vietnam I’ve seen real life famine and that would be one of the first things I would change.  

HC: Who’s the person in your life that you admire most, and why?

AN: My mom is the person I admire most. Being a refugee from Vietnam during the war she came here with nothing. She worked hard and strived to be successful. She never knew what a free ride was because everything she got she got it herself. My mom is the hardest worker I know and that’s why she means so much to me.

HC: Do you like spontaneity or do you like routine?

AN: Definitely spontaneity, I really like to just do things out of the blue; it keeps it interesting and fun.

Hello all! My name is Emina, I am a junior at the University of North Florida, double majoring psychology and criminal justice, with aspirations of being a lawyer. Currently I am conducting interviews and writing the Campus Cutie, section of the UNF chapter for hercampus.com.  If anyone has any suggestions about who should be our next campus cutie fell free to email me, at this email address: sehovicemina@yahoo.com!  
My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!