gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ten Guys You’ll Meet in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

During your four years at college (or possibly five, or six) you will meet a variety of men, here are just a few. 

1.The Nerd

This guy is totally cute, and you like him a lot, but he has no idea. He’s too worried about chemical reactions, and the newest “Magic” card.

(Image) 

2.The Best Friend

This is the guy you’ve known your whole life—you definitely think of him as a best friend, but he is unconditionally and irrevocably in love with you.

(Image)

3.The Moocher

This guy is great. He’s charming, has good taste in music, and well, he knows how to dress. There’s just one thing though… he always asks you to pay.

(Image)

4.The Romantic

Sure, poetry and rose petals are nice every once in a while, but this guy is a little too head over heels, and it’s time for you to RUN the other way.

(Image)

5.The Partier

You met this guy at a party, and he’s cute. But other than that, there’s nothing going on except several drunk texts asking, “Ayyyy, wanna go out 2 nite?” every weekend.  And… you kinda say yes, every time, because why not? He gets you in everywhere downtown and you get to dance with whoever you want.

(Image)

6.The player

Do I really need to explain this one?

(Image)

7.The Frat

Yup, he’s arrogant, and did we mention that he is in a frat? Yeah, so that means he will constantly be saying, “So, you like [insert frat name here] guys?” while looking off into the distance trying to find a reflection of himself in the nearest window.

(Image)

8.The Jock

All he talks about is sports, and for a while, you pretend to like sports. But, it definitely gets old after a few days, because well, let’s face it, sports is all he knows.

(Image)

9.The One Night Stand

Don’t be ashamed, it happens to everyone. Just ignore him every time you see him in public (like you already do), and everything will be okay.

(Image)

10.The guy you actually love

Love, is a once in a lifetime thing, well, your first love that is. Your nights, from this guy on, will consist of nice dinners, flowers at your doorstep and nights full of laughter, take-out and comedy shows.

(Image)

Tabitha Britt

New School '18

Tabitha Britt (formerly Tabitha Shiflett) was the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus at The New School between August 2016 - January 2018. Tabitha graduated from The New School of Social Research on January 31, 2018. She's also a graduate of the Dub (The University of North Carolina Wilmington, UNCW) where she held the position of Managing Editor for the UNCW HC team. You can find her byline in a variety of publications including CBS Local, Taste of Home, Luna Luna, Thought Catalog, and Elite Daily. See more at www.tabithashiflett.com.