This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Every college student loves Netflix. Whether it be a simple part of your daily down time or the reason you went to bed way too late the night before, Netflix is now integral to the college experience for most students. Another part of the college experience is the introduction to alcohol. During the later college years, students turn 21 years old, and drinking is a right of passage for that age. And, when done responsibly and safely, drinking can come with some pretty fun games. So here are seven instances in which you should take a shot or take a sip while you are watching your favorite Netflix shows:

[Photo courtesy of Vialogue WordPress]

1. When the “Burger of the Day” on Bob’s Burgers is super funny with its use of puns

Some of my favorites include “The Final Kraut Down” and “Kales from the Crypt,” but all of the pun-related names for Bob’s signature burgers get a laugh or two out of me. Sometimes they are not super noticeable or are not motioned towards by any of the characters, so you and your friends can have fun keeping an eye out for these puns. And you can do two sips/shots when you see Louise change the burger title to something inappropriate- like the Molester Burger that comes with candy.

[Photo courtesy of Tumblr]

2. When Jim does his signature look into the camera on The Office

Jim Halpert is by far one of The Office’s fan favorites. Not only is his hunt to win the heart of Pam endearing, but his antics with Dwight are down-right hilarious. However, the thing Jim is most known for on the show is the signature look he gives the camera after something wacky has occurred on the show. When this happens, celebrate! Bottoms up!

[Photo courtesy of WordPress]

3. When Eleven eats an Eggo waffle on Stranger Things

Eleven is a telepathic, telekinetic fighter that took on an otherworldly beast terrorizing the fictional town of Hawkins, IN. How do you fuel a such a badass? Eggo waffles, apparently. So, when Eleven goes for those crispy golden circles, take a drink.

[Photo courtesy of Yimg]

4. When Jesse says “bitch” on Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad is a rough show. From Walter White, who started making crystal meth to support his family after his prospective death from cancer, to Jesse, who just had a rough time (***SPOILER: especially after White let Jesse’s girlfriend die in bed next to Jesse from an overdose), both of these guys are tough. And Jesse has one particular phrase he uses often when in tough situations. So, when Jesse says “bitch” onscreen, take advantage of having a little fun with a safe intake of alcohol.

[Photo courtesy of Giphy]

5. When April and Andy are the cutest couple ever on Parks and Recreation

Though Andy was originally with Ann at the start of the show, it was when he started seeing April that things kind of felt right for viewers. Her dark sense of humor with his air-headed nature was an equation for hilarity and for one super cute couple.

[Photo courtesy of Giphy]

6. When they say “unsub” on Criminal Minds

From many holiday breaks spent watching marathons of Criminal Minds in syndication on secondary television channels, I can attest to the fact that the characters on this show say the word “unsub” a lot. An unsub is basically what they call the perp, or perpetrator, for which they are looking. So, whenever they use this go-to jargon, it’s time to PARTAY!

[Photo courtesy of Giphy]

7. And for my fellow Seahawks, when your Netflix stalls because of Hawk Wifi

Lastly, for all of my UNCW students who are 21 years old, living on campus and suffering at the hands of Hawk Wifi, this one is for you. Hawk Wifi loves to go down or become weak at the most inopportune moments, like when you and your friends are binge watching a riveting new show. So, take advantage of a poor situation and turn it into something a bit more fun.

Lastly, drinking can be fun when done safely and in moderation. UNCW’s chapter of Her Campus does not condone over-drinking and hopes that anyone who has a drinking problem on our campus will seek support systems and help. If you feel like this applies to you, there is an on campus resource known as Crossroads. Drink responsibly and legally.

A junior at UNC Wilmington double majoring in English-Professional Writing and Communication Studies, Casey aspires to work in the field of journalism post-grad. Not only is she Co-Campus Correspondent, but she is also the Editor in Chief of her school's paper, is a writing tutor and has an obsession with early twentieth century American literature.