This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Netflix is always on my to-do list. After a long day, eating dinner, or Saturday nights in, watching Netflix is a must. Realizing how much I watch Netflix in a week I wondered if I could survive a week without it. Challenge accepted.

Day 1

I said my goodbyes to Netflix with a movie marathon the night before. I spent my day at Club Randall and, honestly, didn’t even think about squeezing in an episode of New Girl before bed. No Netflix? Piece of cake.

Day 2 + 3

The next two days I was so drowned in schoolwork I only thought about Netflix once a day. I wanted to ignore my responsibilities with a movie, but since that wasn’t an option I just got over it. I turned on the TV (does anyone still watch TV?) for background noise in my quiet apartment and finished my work.

Day 4

Day 4 tempted me so bad. I have, like, a four-hour break in between my classes and I almost gave into watching a show or two while eating lunch. Sadly, I’ve come this far, so why ruin it now? Also, later that night, my sister snapchatted me a funny scene from New Girl–so does that count?

Day 5 + 6

I went back home to good old Apex, North Carolina for the weekend. Since I hadn’t been home in a month, hiding out and watching a season or two of The Office wasn’t really part of my weekend plans. I also had to work, which took up most of my day.

Day 7

I was out visiting friends for a good part of the day, but when I got home I was seriously missing my Netflix–does it still exist? I really had to pull it together for the final hours before my time was up. I just barely made it through, logging in just a little after midnight. I promise it can be done, if I survived so can everyone else!

When I told my friends about my Netflix cleanse, the top responses were, “Oh my God I could never do that,” “Why are you doing this to yourself?” and my personal favorite, “RIP we will miss you.” It actually was not as bad as I imagined. I gained some self-control and got things done. I will gladly take a few days off from Netflix in the future.   

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!