Spring Break on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

With Spring Break coming right around the corner, I know we are all eager to toss the books in the backpack and head out for some fun in the sun. You may already have a plan set out for what you want to do this Spring Break, but have you considered how much it will cost you? If your Spring Break plans suddenly switched from a Spring break in Florida to a Spring Break at home…No worries, I got you covered. Luckily, I made a list of cheap ways to have Spring Break at home while still having loads of fun for you and your friends!

1. Do a photoshoot with friends

This is one of my all time favorite things to do. Even if it’s not Spring Break you could really do this any season. All you need is a camera, tripod, and friends! If you don’t have a tripod, you can just as easily set up a self timer on your phone and say cheese!

2. Day trip to the beach

Instead of paying for a room in a hotel, you can wake up early and do a road trip with you and your friends to the beach! Just make sure you pack extra towels so when you come back to the car all sandy and sticky, you can lay towels down on the car seats so it won’t make your car messy.

3. Have a hiking day

Hiking is a great way to get some exercise while enjoying beautiful scenery. You can do a more adventurous climbing which could last a whole day, or you can take a more relaxing trail and have a picnic at the top of the mountain. Your pick!

4. Convince your best friend to let you tag along on her Spring Break trip

If my best friend is going to Hawaii for Spring Break…You know I’ll be asking her if there’s an extra seat on that plane!

5. Explore a new city

This is a great day trip to do, as you would only have to pay for parking. Feel free to explore your own city and go into some cute boutiques, or travel to a new city and plan out which stores or attractions you want to visit. The options are endless!

Spring Break doesn’t have to be boring at home! It’s up to you on how you spend it. Whether you’re going out of state for Spring Break, or staying right at home, I hope you have a great Spring Break and be safe to wherever you travel!