samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Survive the Last Week of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Finally, it’s coming down to one more week of classes left until this strenuous semester is over. I strongly doubt you’re going to want to go to class the last week, I know I don’t want to. However, the last week of classes is just as important as any other week of classes. With exam week following the last week of classes, you want to make sure you’re completely prepared. You wouldn’t want to miss out on any important information with your GPA on the line. It might be hard to develop any sort of motivation for going to class the last week of the semester but I have come up with some tips that should help with your motivation.

1. Drink Plenty of Caffeine

Drink plenty of coffee or tea, whichever you prefer, for a little jump start in the morning, Some of us have 8am classes and I know how hard it is to get out of bed in the morning when you’re not a morning person.

2. Think about what you might miss

I don’t know about you, but it seems as if every time I skip class, I miss out on a lot of valuable information. Knowing that the information being taught in the class that specific day could possibly have a large effect on your final grade should be motivation enough.

3. Remember that you or your parents are paying for your education

You or your parents are paying for your education so wouldn’t you want to maximize the value?

4. Think about the positive effects

Going to class will help you further your education and give you more preparation for your final exams or your final papers. This is your chance to ask any questions in class or listen to the questions that others might ask the instructor. Take advantage of the classroom setting.

5. Reward Yourself

After going to class and studying for a little bit for your final exam, “treat yo self.” Take a nap, get some food or go hang out with your friends. Reward yourself for getting through the semester.

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.