54 Things to Consider Doing While You’re in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Here lies before you a list of things I believe many of us should consider doing…or not doing…it is up to you. This is a unique time in our lives, we are all in a place, here together in the presence of our peers on a daily basis. Regardless of race, ethnicity, skin-tone, gender, social background, sexual orientation and political views, we all live, for the most part, together harmoniously as a school. I jotted down this list from my UNCG experience. There are many facets to being a college student, at UNCG in particular. Many of the ideas that came to mind were random things that I tried, that I did, or that have just happened to me since I have been a Spartan.  But some things noted below no one has done…at least I don’t think so….

The listing below is a conglomerate of my experiences and ideas. These are the things I think you should consider trying out. What have you got to lose? #YOLO #TBTTO2013WHENYOLOWASATHING.

1. Go to the Caf.

2. See that person you been crushin’ on but ain’t talk to just yet in the library or the EUC and talk to them, see what they are about.

3. Throw Frisbee on the EUC lawn.

4. Compliment someone if their outfit is on point.

5. Introduce yourself to that person you unexpectedly see every single day at various places around campus.

6. Walk to your classes with headphones on bumpin’ and dancing to that new fire song you heard the other day, not caring who sees you.  

7. If you see a musician performing on campus and you like their music, jam out with them.

8. Jump in the fountain.

9. Go to a random house party.

10. At said house party, dance so hard a dance circle forms around you. It’s a lit moment.

11. Aimlessly walk around campus and think about life.

12. If you live in a dorm, host more than 6 people in your dorm. Shit gets lit.

13. You know that neighbor on your hall with the really loud speakers?  If you haven’t already, befriend them. Then when your R.A. is away or on duty, bump some music on your dorm hall. Has to be top-notch music, anything less and the operation goes sour.

14. Climb the baseball scoreboard on the ladder on Kenilworth Street.

15. Go to the rec and climb the rock wall.

16. Pull an all-nighter at the Library.

17. Have a drunken conversation with your RA [if you’re 21].

18. Organize a dancing Flash Mob.

19. After class taught by your favorite professor, walk with them and talk to them.

20. Play pick-up basketball at the rec.

*Important side note: Make sure you have Gas, very important.

21. When you see a person you think is extraordinarily beautiful, without introduction or explanation, walk up to them, tell them you think they’re beautiful and walk away.

22. Be part of an on-campus, student-led protest.

23. Participate in class.

24. Teach your friend something new.

25. Have your friend teach you how to do something.

26. Go thrift shopping.

27. Go on a spontaneous road trip with your squad.

28. Crash at your friends place.

29. Go to Herbies 24hr breakfast diner on Battleground Ave.

30. If you live in a house and have non-student neighbors, get to know them.

31. Go walk at a UNCG THREADS model call.

32. Go to a fashion show.

33. Randomly walk into an on-campus event in the Cone Ballroom.

34. Get Drunk (if you are of age of course)

35. Sit-in on a class you are not enrolled in.

36. Actually bother to learn the foreign language you have to study. There are some sexy foreign people. Just sayin’.

37. Have a photo shoot with a photographer.

38. Kill an afternoon at the Fountain.

39. Kill an afternoon enoing.

40. Learn to play an instrument.

41. Spend wwwaaaaayyyy too much time at the caf.

42. Spend a weekend at another University campus.

43. Walk a different route to class.

44. Sit next to bae in class.

45. Hold the door open for bae.

46. Talk to a person who you think looks interesting.

47. Go on a date at Tate street.

48. Go to New York Pizza on Tate street past 4am.

49. Stay up and have late night convo with cool company.

50. Hit up Limelight once….no more.

51. Go to a party at another school.

*Another important side note: Trees are great.

52. Sit in a different seat every class just to mess with people.

53. Fall asleep in the caf.

54. Fall asleep in class….once.

Now I am curious. What are some things you all think should be on this list? What things on this list are relevant to your UNCG experience and beyond? Have you done any of these things? What did you like about it? What did you not like about it? Like I said…I’m curious. Thank you.

Trent Ryden Junior Communication Studies Major