This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

As a student with one major and two minors, I get asked why I didn’t just have two majors frequently. My answer is simple – then I would only know two things, and this way I know three. There are many reasons as to why adding a minor might work for you, but here are four just to get you thinking!

Having a minor or minors can help with…

1. Breaking up your major classes – Even if you like your major and classes, minor classes can get you thinking in new ways. These classes can also introduce you to different places and people on campus, offering more connections and new scenery.

2. Enhancing your major classes – Find a minor that works well with you major. English and History or Business and Accounting for example. Such pairings might give you extra information that can be both intriguing and useful to each other.

3. Making you more marketable – Take advantage of the minor by showing off your ability to do more than the minimum in school. You can even take this opportunity to learn a new language, making you stand out from your peers.  

4. Diving deeper into your passions – You probably like your major or find it useful to you in some way. But what about your other passions? Minors are a great way to dive into other passions that help you explore yourself further and maybe even relax.

Spartan Guide. Tri Sigma. Vegan. English Major. UNCG18.