6 Must-Haves for the Perfect Girl’s Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCC chapter.

Who said sleepovers were for kids? One of the only remaining sources of sanity is getting together with girl friends. Text your GM, swing by the grocery store and grab the TV remote, these are six must-haves for the perfect girl’s night in.

Pizza

Pizza is the ultimate comfort food. Call up your favorite delivery place and order a pizza (or two) with whatever toppings your heart desires. Feeling adventurous? Try a unique flavor like buffalo chicken to spice up girl’s night in! Don’t forget to order breadsticks or cheesy garlic bread!

Wine

Crack open a bottle and pour a glass. My go-to is Barefoot’s Pink Moscato. It’s sweet, fruity, aesthetically pleasing and affordable. Not into sweet wines? Get a drier wine like Pinot Grigio or Pinot Noir. What’s a girls night if you don’t wine about anything?

Face Masks

Sit back and relax for five minutes (or however long you’re supposed to leave your face mask on). Find a mask that caters to your skin type. Gel and cream masks are good for dry skin; clay and sheet masks work well for oily skin.

Netflix

Binge-watch your favorite show or watch a chick flick. Gossip Girl is my favorite show for binge-watching sessions. For chick flicks, I recommend anything with Katherine Heigl, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway or Julia Roberts. Oh, and obviously any Nicholas Sparks movie. Keep tissues nearby while watching any of these tear-jerkers.

Ice Cream

Pints are single-serve, regardless of whatever the nutrition facts and serving suggestions say. The only men you need in your life are Ben and Jerry. I could live off of Tonight Dough for the rest of my life. It’s a heavenly combination of chocolate and caramel ice creams with chunks of double chocolate and peanut butter cookie dough. If I want a caffeine boost, I grab a pint of Vice Cream’s Higher Grounds, which is coffee ice cream with mocha fudge swirls, chocolate cookie crumbles and chocolate covered espresso beans.

Other Junk Food

Chocolate? Oreos? Popcorn? Chips? Raid the candy and chip aisles at the store and get it all. Forget about calories and indulge. Treat yo self. You deserve it. Even the Kardashians know the healing powers of the occasional junk food splurge.

Megan Kottkamp is a Sophomore at UNCC, majoring in Public Relations. She is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha. In her free time, she enjoys photography, binge-watching crime shows, and hanging out with friends!