This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Everybody warns you before you get to college how hard it is to get up each morning. It doesn’t matter if your first class is a dreaded 8 a.m. or it doesn’t start until 11 — all of us have been tempted to press the snooze button. That being said, most of us don’t have time to have a well-balanced breakfast since we’re squeezing in every moment of sleep possible. As much as we love our sleep, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and since days at UNC are equivalent to a week anywhere else, it is critical that the first meal is packed with all the important nutrients to keep you going the whole day and prevent you from carbo-loading later on in the day.

Greek Yogurt and Granola

This is one of the easiest but also well-rounded breakfasts you can have. It takes .5 seconds to prepare, and is delicious. Find your favorite type of greek yogurt and try out different granolas. You could even sprinkle in some fresh fruit for an especially filling meal.

Cereal and Fruit

Such a basic breakfast, but it’s a classic for a reason. Everyone loves cereal, but try to avoid sugary ones like Lucky Charms and Froot Loops (I know it’s hard). Instead go for ones without artificial coloring, and combine it with some fresh fruit to kick up the taste.

Oatmeal and a Cheese Stick

Oatmeal is such a satisfying breakfast choice. It’s hot but still easy to make. There are so many different flavors, it should be easy to find one of your preference. By adding a cheese stick, you’re adding some calcium to your day right from the start.

Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich

This is a fun option because peanut butter is such a healthy snack and you get a serving of fruit in. You can add whatever you want to your sandwich—jelly, crasins, anything you can come up with.

Bagel and Cream Cheese

It may not be as good as Alpine, but it will save you money making it at home. You can experiment with different flavors of cream cheese and have your own bakery in the dorms! Or if you’re feeling fancy and have microwavable sausage in your room, you could make a sausage and cheese sandwich on the spot!

Breakfast Supplement Drinks

This is the only under dire circumstances breakfast, because no drink can take the place of an actual meal, but it is better than nothing. You can buy these in bulk at the store. My favorites are Kellog’s and Special K—which is sold right at student stores if you just need to grab one on the way to class.