6 Must See Movies for Summer 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

The Other Woman

Premiere: April 24th 2014

Starring: Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton

This movie is like the modern adult spin to one of my favorite movies John Tucker Must Die. Diaz, Mann, and Upton team up together to take down the boyfriend, husband, and man they have all been sleeping with.

The Fault In Our Stars

Premiere: June 6th 2014

Starring: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Williem Dafoe

This movie got its start from John Green’s 2012 novel The Fault in Our Stars. This movie is sure to be one of the best love stories of the summer, and a tear jerker for all. The movie is about two teenagers who meet and fall in love at a cancer support group. The two characters Hazel and Gus embark on a journey together of adolescence and love.

Maleficent

Premiere: May 30th 2014

Starring: Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning

This movie is the untold story of Maleficent from the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty. In this movie Maleficent places a curse on the newborn infant of the king. As the child grows Maleficent realizes she may have made a mistake, and the child may be the only hope for her kingdom.

Tammy

Premiere: July 2nd 2014

Starring: Melissa McCarthy, Susan Sarandon

Whether it’s the movie Bridesmaids or The Heat, McCarthy always plays the hilarious friend we all wish we had in our lives. In this new film, McCarthy plays a woman who finds her husband cheating after a horrible day at work. With nowhere else to go she hits the road with her grandmother Pearl, who accompanies her on a road trip you won’t want to miss.

Neighbors

Premiere: May 9th 2014

Starring: Seth Rogen, Zac Efron, Rose Byrne and Dave Franco

As college students we can all see the humor that this film will provide. A couple with a newborn baby find themselves living beside a fraternity house and conflict begins to break out between the two sides.

22 Jump Street

Premiere: June 13th 2014

Starring: Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Ice Cube

I know we all saw Tatum and Hill go undercover at a local high school in 21 Jump Street. This time, Tatum and Hill are going undercover at a local college to not only crack the case, but discover who they really are together.

Any other flicks you’re dying to see this summer? Sound off a comment below!

Macy Maness

Chapel Hill