This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Name: Savannah Kylberg
Age: 19
Major: Elementary Education

Why UM: Several reasons. The campus is absolutely beautiful, UM isn’t a small school, but it’s not huge either, and the people are kind and helpful.

Goal to accomplish this school year: Get accepted into the teacher education program

What has your college experience been like so far:
So far it’s been a good experience. There have been ups and downs, but I love all of the memories I’ve made and all of the new things that I’ve learned.

Any advice for Freshmen: Try to find the right balance between social life and school.

If you could go back to one memory, what would it be: There are so many, its hard for me to pick one! What do you hope to accomplish with your degree: I hope to become a successful teacher

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)
Alyse is a senior at the University of Montana with a journalism major. She was born and raised in the small town of Dillon, Montana. When not busy with school, Alyse likes to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Montana. In addition to volunteering with Her Campus, Alyse also volunteers at the YWCA by leading support groups for domestic violence and sexual assualt survivors. After graduation, Alyse wants to explore the field of journalism in a warm and sunny climate.