This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Off the Rack 2011: a stellar night of entertainment and awareness. 

If you did not attend this event, I hate to say it, but you missed out.  Off the Rack, the annual event held in the Wilma Theater to promote safe sex and healthy sexuality is quite the sensory overload.  Simply defined as a “condom fashion show”, Off the Rack was comprised of great emceeing from a charismatic and comedic duo, many amazing models adorned with creative and beautiful garments composed of, or accentuated by, condoms, dance performances from the Downtown Dance Collective, and a songs by our local band, Butter.  Of course, I would be remiss if I did not mention the vivacious audience.  We were a fiery bunch, careening out of our seats to keep one of the many the condom balloons afloat, and cheering with excess zeal.  It seemed as though we were incapable of staying still in our seats.  Those on the edges of the rows were inclined to stand at particularly rousing songs and dance in the isles; the rest of us simply undulated in our seats. 

Two and a half hours later the night culminated with a final walk through of all the models.  A line formed in the lobby to purchase panties with “Off the Rack” printed on them.  People left the Wilma and infiltrated the streets of Missoula, full of a rare excitement brought on by the melding of laughter and purpose. 

The pleasure that Off the Rack offers us is balanced only by the significance of the messages conveyed throughout the show.  This is an event where the likeminded of Missoula congregate to celebrate and promote contraception, equality of gender and sexual orientation, and “my body, my choice”. 

If this seems like something you would be interested in, I suggest you make it a point to attend in 2012.

Campus Correspondant- My Campus Montana, colettemaddock@hercampus.com Colette Maddock is a senior at the University of Montana (class of 2011). She is a print Journalism major and a Women's Studies minor from Whitefish, Montana. This summer she interned at Skiing Magazine. She is passionate about winter sports, and loves skiing and figure skating. In her spare time she reads tons of books, tries to cook, and spends time with her friends.