Girls Killed it This Weekend at the X Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

The 15th annual Winter X Games (WX) might be over and done with but this year’s gold medal girls are definitely women to keep watching.

1.     Kelsey Serwa, a 21-year-old professional skier from Canada already had three World Cup race wins and a WX medal to her name going into this year’s WX Games. She took gold in the women’s Skier X race with a crash across the finish line, beating out 4-time champion Ophelie David of France and besting her bronze medal from 2010.
2.     Kelly Clark of Vermont is 27 and already has more WX Superpipe medals than any other woman, an Olympic gold medal and an Olympic bronze among other awards. Clark took gold in this year’s SuperPipe competition and landed the first 1080 to be performed by a woman in snowboarding competition during her victory lap.
3.     Sarah Burke the first female skier to land a 720, 900 and 1080 in competition, became the first woman to claim four women’s ski SuperPipe gold medals in WX15 this past weekend. Burke had shoulder surgery in the summer of 2010 and was only cleared to trained less than two weeks before the competition according to espn.com
4.     Lindsey Jacobellis, also of Vermont, is 25 and already has seven WX gold medals to her name. She went earned a fourth-peat in Snowboard X in WX15 and won the gold by am mere 0.738 seconds.
5.     Kaya Turski tore her ACL during her victory lap in last year’s WX but that did not stop the 22-year-old Canadian from grabbing her second gold and third WX games medal in SlopeStyle.