UK Campus Cutie Rick Burchfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Rick Burchfield

Hometown: Augusta, Ga.

Graduation Year: 2012

Major: Journalism & Communications

Future plans: Law School or Broadcasting

Why law school? I believe that going into the law profession would be a great way to help those who need it! If law school is for me, I want to do public service counsel and represent those who cannot otherwise                 afford an attorney. After that I would focus on entertainment law.

What schools are you applying to for law school? Right now I’m looking at LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia and, of course, UK! 

Favorite thing about UK: Being in Lexington for Keeneland in the Spring and Fall and UK basketball!

Relationship Status: Single, but looking!

Best pick up line: (Find a cute group of girls at a table, grab a chair and walk up, set the chair down) “Is this seat taken?”

First thing you notice in the opposite sex: Eyes! …and teeth… I know it’s weird but it’s true!

Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, all sports in general! Writing. Anything competitive!

Sports you play: Soccer & Golf.

Biggest Fear: Death.

Favorite movie: The Departed

Favorite TV show: Formerly Entourage.?

Favorite color: Can’t I have two? BLUE & WHITE!!!!

Fun fact: Raced go-karts from age 9 until about 16.

Life motto: Above all else, be yourself! The rest will follow..?

Superstitions: None really! Just habits like putting my right shoe on first… Although it wouldn’t upset me if I didn’t!

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!