Summer Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

It’s official, the countdown to summer time has begun! Rest and relaxation is just weeks away. Well, at least for those who didn’t fill their summer with resume building ventures. From my experience having a summer job, I know that it can be challenging balancing work and free time. However, after a couple years or practice, I have learned that there is in fact a way to work hard and play hard! So I know what you’re thinking, what’s the secret? The best way to make the most of your three-month vacation is to make a summer bucket list!

You see, writing fun things down on a list will help in two ways! First of all, when you do get that window of free time to do something fun with your girls, you don’t have to kill an hour figuring out what you should do. You have a list of fun activities that you actually want to do. Secondly, it stops you from going to see a movie every night and doing the same old stuff. Having a list motivates you to get as much on the list accomplished as possible. By the end of the summer you will be very satisfied with all the cool things you did! I pulled together a list of some of my favorite summer things to do to get you all started!

1. Road trip with the gals

2. Scavenger hunt around hometown

3. S’mores

4. Giant slip and slide with friends

5. Drive-in movie 

6. Rope swing 

7. Cliff jump into a lake

8. Say yes for a whole day

9. Try a new restaurant

10. Go to an outdoor concert

https://crystalrichard.com/2014/08/09/the-summer-of-road-trips/

Jackie Mangin is a freshman at the University of Kentucky, majoring in Integrated Strategic Communications. 
"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."