Sam Rogers, Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Hi, everyone! My name is Sam, and I’m one of the campus correspondents for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky!!

Because we re-launched our chapter here at UK this semester, we thought it might be a good idea to introduce ourselves to you all. For the next few weeks, we’ll be publishing a special series of “Campus Celebrity,” each week featuring a different member of our staff. Get to know us, and send in your nominations; we want to get to know you, too!

So, first things first, I’m the realest!

Her Campus: What’s your major?Sam Rogers: Journalism, with a minor in English (and possibly adding a second in Digital Media and Design).

HC: Where are you from?S: Louisville, Ky. Don’t worry: I wear Kentucky blue whenever I get the chance.

HC: What are you most excited about for this semester?S: Bringing back Her Campus to UK, of course!

HC: What activities or clubs are you involved in at UK?S: First and foremost, I am the campus correspondent for Her Campus at UK, but I am also the new member educator for Alpha Omicron Pi sorority and a member of the Honors Program here at UK.

HC: What is your favorite thing about UK?S: All of the opportunities available to students. Not only do I get to learn from the best of the best in my future career field, but I’m encouraged and supported in starting a magazine on campus. Let’s be real, how many people can say that?

HC: Could you tell us a little about how your position with Her Campus?S: As one of the campus correspondents for Her Campus at UK, I am in charge of the editorial content for the magazine. Each week, I talk with my writers and coordinate who is writing what stories. I also contact UK students for each of the campus celebrity and campus cutie sections of the website. We’ve got a lot of fun and exciting content in the works for you all, and I can’t wait to publish everything in the next few weeks!

HC: What are you planning on doing after you graduate?S: I would love to work for a fashion magazine in a big city, preferrably New York or Boston.

HC: What’s your best piece of advice for women?S: Dream big and dream often!

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).