An Open Letter To My College Best Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

“Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. Its about who walked into your life, said, “I’m here for you” and proved it.”

To my college best friends,

Wow. This year has gone by so fast. Nine months ago I never imagined that I would meet you guys. Now, I can’t imagine us being apart for the next three months. I have so many things that I want to thank you guys for. Thank you for accepting me for who I am. I know I am so weird, and I love that you guys embrace it. Thank you for making me laugh when all I want to do is cry. You all know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Thank you for listening to me rant about my days. Good or bad, you guys are always there. Thank you for listening to me talk about all my boy problems. We all know that they are probably not going to get better anytime soon. Thank you for getting me through all of the stressful weeks of school. I would have lost my mind without you guys. Lastly, thank you guys for sticking through all the good and bad times. It`s not always easy, but somehow we make it through. We have had some of the best times together. It`s like each time we are together, our friendship grows stronger because we are still constantly learning about one another. It’s exciting to know that we get to spend the next three years together. I could not ask for a better group of friends to spend my college years with. I get to figure out who I am with the best group of girls surrounding me, providing me with advice, and picking up the pieces when something doesn’t go as planned. We have only known each other for nine short months, but it feels like it’s been a lifetime. I can`t imagine my life without you guys. I love all of you guys so much. Let`s not be sad that this year is over, but happy because we will all be back together soon. It`s not goodbye, just a see you later. 

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."