No Shave November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

In case you haven’t noticed on campus, this month is No Shave November. No, this is not some contest for men to compete in a war of the whiskar, but rather a movement to create awareness about prostate cancer. 

Guys, put the razor down and let your facial hair grow this month!
Bald head? Not in November!

Ladies, give the man in your life a break on his 5 o’clock shadow and suffer through a little stasche burn for a good cause! 

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, prostate cancer is the second most common cancer among men in the U.S. In 2007, 223,307 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer, resulting 29,093 deaths.

Help raise awareness about prostate cancer in your inner circle and participate in No Shave November!

Guys, if you are participating in No Shave November send us a before and after picture. Best new facial hair will be selected as our Campus Celebrity in December! 

Send photos to laurenconrad@hercampus.com

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!