HCUK Campus Celebrity: Julia Mikulec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Julia Mikulec

Age: 20

Year: 2018

Major: English

Hometown: Louisville, Ky.

Campus Celeb Status: Writer for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

Her Campus: How and why did you first get involved with HCUK?

Julia Mikulec: Well, Rachel Eberhart, one of the campus correspondents for HCUK, was my Gamma Chi for sorority recruitment. We got to talking and as soon as I mentioned I enjoyed writing, Rachel was like “Oh my gosh, you should so write for HerCampus!” And, because Rachel is such an awesome person, I didn’t even have to think twice about joining HerCampus –so, here I am!

HC: What are your responsibilities as a writer for HCUK?

JM: I write one article per week, usually about food, because who doesn’t love to eat?

HC: As a writer for Her Campus, what do you hope to accomplish?

JM: I hope to share some of my recipes, and get a laugh in here and there.

HC: What has been the most rewarding about serving in this position so far?

JM: Probably people telling me they loved my late-night snack suggestions!

HC: What has been the most challenging aspect of being a writer for HCUK?

JM: Working with GIFs. GIFs both fascinate and intimidate me. I haven’t quite figured them out. But, I sure do love a good GIF list.

HC: What advice do you have for students at UK thinking about getting involved with HCUK?

JM: First, figure out what you enjoy writing about. Is it fashion, campus events, opinions, food or humor? Then, once you have something in mind, get in touch with our campus correspondents, Sam Rogers and Rachel Eberhart.

HC: How can students learn more about Her Campus at the University of Kentucky?

JM: Follow us on social media! We are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).