toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Dorm Decor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Being a college student can be strenuous on your budget, especially when you want to decorate your room for holidays and seasons. With these cute tips and ideas, you can stretch your dollar and decorate your dorm or apartment for this fall season!

• Head over to Walmart and grab this cute Halloween bucket for only $1 and fill it with your favorite candy! It is great for guests. Also, I found this cute picture holder for only $0.50 at the Dollar Tree!
  • Nothing says fall like crafts. Add a cute stitched pillow or any crafty item to your bedroom for a fun, homey feel. Best of all, usually crafts like this are cheap!
  • I found this adorable wall décor at TJ Maxx for only $4.99. It hangs perfectly next to your door and reminds you that it is the happiest time of the year every time you leave.
  • To liven up a dining area, nothing works better than flowers. These tall, big flowers with silver accidents played well with my spider web place mats ($1 each at the Dollar Tree!). Add in a simple dish (Again, $1 each at the Dollar Tree) with a maybe a cute ceramic to accent them, and you are set for a spooky feast.
  • We added this cute little “BOO” sign we picked up from TJ Maxx for only $4.99 and it works perfectly on the sink counter. Add a little plant for some life.
  • These window gels were on clearance at the Dollar General for only $2! It works perfect on the mirror and they are even reusable!
  • Lastly, our countdown to Halloween! It is so fun hanging between our doors, and it is so exciting seeing the days change. We found this at Hobby Lobby for $9.99, with a 20% off coupon!

I hope you have “fall”en in love with these as much as I have!

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.