This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The month of February is either really exciting or really sad for people. Some people do not see the joy in Valentine’s Day if they do not have a significant other. I personally think this is a toxic mindset to have going into this holiday. Valentine’s Day is about love. That can be your love for anyone. This year you and your best friends can get together and celebrate Galentine’s Day.

Galentine’s Day is on Feb. 13 and is the perfect time to celebrate how great your best friends are. In college having a great group of supportive best friends is a must. That friend who reminds you how amazing you are, or sends you encouraging texts before that big test? She deserves endless love and celebration this month.

You can get together for brunch the Sunday before, because Galentine’s Day is on a Tuesday, or celebrate at home. My staff and I are celebrating this week by all bringing festive desserts and watching “The Greatest Showman.” Anything you decide to do will be greatly appreciated by your friends.

Celebrating your closest friends and biggest support system is really important. We deserve this time to celebrate. Any celebration you plan will be appreciated. Enjoy your Galentine’s Day, a day to celebrate all the women and yourself, as you all continue to kill the game everyday.

Thumbnail Photo By Ian Schneider

My name is Micah Hurt. I am a sophomore Equine major at the University of Kentucky. I am also a Resident Advisor (RA). I love to read, explore Lexington (or anywhere really), and listen to murder mystery podcast!