Top Ten Dating Tips: UIC Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

So ladies, here we are winding down the last couple of weeks of this Fall semester and for those who were dreaming of meeting their prince charming, you might start to let your guard down. Don’t throw in the towel just yet girls! There is always still time to find that significant other! Finding the right guy can be tough and in like TLC’s old school jam, we as classy ladies do not want no scrub.

A university as diverse as UIC’s campus has many advantages. There are tons of single college cuties looking for a girl they can share their interests with. So don’t lose hope; you will not be forever alone! Check out some of these tips that will be sure to help you spark up a conversation with that cutie you’ve been eyeing or an old flame you want to reconnect with.

Tip # 1: Do not wait for something to happen, take the initiative! UIC has many clubs and organizations. Find one that interests you and you will most likely meet someone who catches your attention!

Tip # 2: Have someone in mind already and thinking about taking it to the next level? Start off with something simple and go to a campus event together. It won’t seem too forward and you’ll get to have more one on one time.

Tip # 3: If you have similar classes together have a little “study” date! It’s the easiest way to meet up and it’ll be productive… well somewhat. [:

Tip # 4: UIC is a huge commuter school. If someone you’re interested in commutes, go out and explore what the city has to offer! There are endless places to go and eat in downtown Chicago. You’re bound to find something fun to do!         

Tip # 5: One of the best places in my opinion to meet people is at the rec center. There are constantly hotties working on their physique or groups of people playing basketball. Meet up with a girlfriend and go boy hunting together! 

Tip # 6: Opposites attract, so have an open mind. Date someone you normally wouldn’t see yourself talking to. You might be surprised about how much you actually have in common.

Tip # 7: This might sound cliché, but don’t feel the need to have to change yourself in order for a guy to notice you. He’ll automatically adore you for the quirky and cute things you do! Being someone you’re not to impress a guy is definitely a no-no.  

Tip # 8: If you live on campus, don’t date anyone on your floor. It’s best to give each other some space, just in case something goes wrong on a first date…awkward!

Tip # 9: Don’t expect a guy to be able to read your mind. Always be honest and don’t feel afraid to really get to know one another. Good communication early on is key to learning about a guy’s personality and ambitions in his life.

Tip # 10: Probably one of the most important and difficult things to do while dating is to be relaxed. As girls, we always find something to feel self conscious about whether it concerns our body or overall appearance. Guys love girl who are confident in themselves and are willing to share more about their life.

So there they are ladies! Ten tips that will hopefully be useful on your hunt for finding and dating a guy! If you want more great tips, there’s an awesome website called datemyschool.com that is exclusively for college students and alumni. It’s known for being the best online college dating site. So don’t hesitate and try out those dating tips! 

Xoxo,
Nicole 

Nicole is a proud city girl born and raised in beautiful Chicago. She is currently a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Business Marketing major and a part of the Women's Line Up Team at Nike Chicago. She loves everything to do with fitness & health, music, urban life, and sports! In her spare time she loves to run, ride her fixie along the lakefront, do yoga, and volunteer! She is a die hard Chicago Bulls fan with a huge sweet tooth. Nicole's dream is to have a career in marketing with a focus in brand management or advertisement and sales promotion.
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.