This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Not caught up on the latest fashion trends? No worries because this article will get you up to date on what to wear. Although this weather hasn’t been the greatest in Chicago lately, you can still brighten up your day with spring like fashion. These styles can be used in the summer to and is not limited to just spring.

1. Yellow

Yellow is one of the following colors that are becoming very popular. I know you’re thinking why is yellow so popular. I can honestly say I’m not a fan of yellow, but I would give it a shot. There are various shades of yellow, so you just have to find the shade that is perfect for you. You will not look like Big Bird from Sesame Street or a bumblebee. You will look like a perfect ball of sunshine trying to brighten everyone’s day with this color trend.

2. Gingham

Gingham is making a comeback. This all American classic look is making move in the fashion world. Gingham are bold patterns of squares and stripes etc. in various colors. It is bold style that is not for everyone, but step out of your comfort zone and try this bold pattern.

3. Shirtdresses

Shirtdresses are a super comfy and laidback outfit. They can be dress down if you’re just relaxing with friends or you can dress it up if you’re going on a date. I love shirtdresses. They can be worn in the spring/summer with a cute pair of sandals or you can wear them with a pair of tights and boots in the fall.

4. Culottes

This 80s and 90s fashion is making a comeback. This fashion trend used to be very popular in the 80s and 90s, which is now becoming popular today. If you wear culottes, pair them with a fitted top that way you can keep your shape.

5. Crop Tops

Crop tops can be dressed up and dressed down. They’re perfect for spring and summer. Now I know some are hesitant about showing their midriffs, which is perfectly fine, but some crop tops don’t go very high, so take baby steps and try those out first. I personally love wearing them in the summer and have recently gotten into them, so I totally understand the nervousness about wearing one for the first time. 

These are the latest spring fashion trends, ladies. Try and incorporate some of these new trends into your daily wardrobe. Some of these trends I normally wouldn’t wear, but I’m willing to give these trends a try. Take a chance and be bold with these new trends, who knows you may end up really liking some of them! Stay fashion forward ladies!

Hi I'm Aeja! Junior at UIC and a Pre Nursing Major. I try to write what inspires me, so I hope you enjoy my articles!
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.