Pamper Yourself this Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Sprang Breaaak Forever!

No? Alrighty then…

Spring break has officially begun, so let the pampering begin! Weeks upon weeks of sleepless nights and poor eating have left you and your skin in some dire need of a little TLC. Since you probably aren’t required to wear pants anywhere this week, take the time to do something for yourself! Make sure not to forget your number one bae in life (you)!

Freshen up your look:

This facemask will help you hydrate and moisturize your tired looking and dry skin. In less than 20 minutes your skin will be glowing and smooth!

Things you should probably get:

-1 egg yolk

-Half tablespoon of (natural) honey

-1 tablespoon of olive oil

-Half teaspoon of lemon juice

Mix all of the ingredients together until the consistency looks right. Apply it on a clean face (wash with warm water) for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your face with cold water and apply your favorite moisturizer.

**BONUS: Rub an ice cube all over your face after you finished in order to tighten your pores and tone your skin.

Instead of spending hours on the beach, bring a bit of the beach home to you. A coffee ground body scrub is a great way to soften up your skin, while also adding a bit of color!

How it works:

Mix ½ cup of coffee grounds with ¼ cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. SCRUB AWAY. Not only will this leave you with incredibly smooth and hydrated skin (be careful with the coconut oil, things get SLIPPERY), it may also give you a little bit of a natural glow without all the harmful ways.

One last way you can pamper yourself this break is by mixing your own hair cleanser. Products you use can cause a build up on your scalp, which doesn’t allow for maximum hair growth or shine. This rinse is super easy too! Just mix equal parts apple cider, vinegar, and water. After washing your hair, pour the mixture into your hair (if you have a spray bottle use that so you can spritz). Don’t rinse it off right away; let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing fully with the water.

**BONUS, the ACV also works as a conditioner for your hair!

Without or without the beach, you are coming back form this spring break looking your best yet! Happy Spring Break Ladies! 

HiiI'm Lauren- Sophomore at UIC,  girl who hates science but aspires to be a nurse. Catch me on campus looking as basic as ever, coffe and planner in hand too.Oh and I am probably the sassiest person you'll ever meet.  
UIC Contributor.