National Sleep Awareness Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

March 5-11, 2012

School. Work. Gym. These are few of the examples of what many Americans have in their daily schedules besides daily chores like laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping. These hectic schedules cause stress and exhaustion that lead to health circumstances. The solution to this problem that many tend to forget or lack is: sleep.
Yes, sleep! Sleep is the cure for these hectic daily schedules and can help rejuvenate your body and give you that extra boost of energy. Many Americans lack hours of sleep because of their daily routines/schedules, but it is bad for your health to not sleep the recommended eight hours of sleep. When many only sleep four, five or less hours they are grouchy or in some cases forget things or in some occasions just literally knock out in public places.
Therefore, it is important to have a sleep awareness conscious and this can be done by knowing that there is a National Sleep Awareness Week and it happens to be this week, March 5-11, 2012.
It is not too late to take part in the sleep awareness week because the University of Illinois Sleep Science Center will be providing free sleep education information for the public on various days starting March 9-12, 2012 at the University of Illinois Hospital Lobby at 1740 W. Taylor Street. For further information about the information sessions please contact: couankeo@uic.edu
(877) SNOOZI.UI or (312) 996-7708.
For more information about sleep awareness week can be found at: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/event/national-sleep-awareness-week.
www.uillinoismedcenter.org/sleep