Music Blog: Treat Yourself at Target

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

For any readers who love treats or who share in the rare delight that comes with actually holding a new release in your hands, this article is for you.

On a recent Target outing, I was fortunate enough to pick up the self-titled debut of my current musical obsession, budding British alt-rock band, The 1975. Seductively sweet vocals paired with saucy lyrics tell tales of love, fear, drugs and desire. Perfect for us college students, right?

Little did I know that “Bad Blood”, Bastille’s debut was to be The 1975’s shelf neighbor! 

After stalking more of the music section, I learned that through Target only, you can pre-order some of Fall’s most anticipated albums including Grouplove’s sophomore, “Spreading Rumours” due out September 17th, Kings of Leon’s “Mechanical Bull” on September 24th, and The Head and the Heart’s second album, “Let’s Be Still” on October 15th.

With Targets stationed pretty much everywhere, including the semi-new location right off the CTA Blue Line’s Racine stop, 1101 W. Jackson Blvd, there is no excuse not to treat yourself!

To tide your sweet tooth, listen to a track from The 1975 below:

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
UIC Contributor.