Music Blog: This Heart Is Burning Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

This past Friday, my friends and I took the city by storm to track down some valentines. We stumbled upon major band crush, Walk the Moon at Metro in Wrigleyville. These four talented cuties, Nicholas, Eli, Sean and Kevin, sure know how to get your heart racing. Hailing from Cincinnati, the indie pop rock band packed enormous punch into their exhilarating fourteen-song set.

As if stepping into a dreamland, the band led the crowd to a place where time stood still, where a kaleidoscope of high-energy songs erupted, and where non-stop jumping and erratic dancing were encouraged. These boys just wanted to have fun, instilling only good feelings and surges of positive energy, letting fans leave their cares at the venue doors. The electric environment challenged the chilly winter night, allowing all gathered to lose themselves in the sounds and colors of the summery rave.

Watch their video for “Tightrope” below!

Walk the Moon’s self-titled album, released last year, boasts a medley of dynamic, upbeat tracks that promote a subconscious sing-a-long and rhythm-induced escape. Their first single “Anna Sun” put the band on the musical map, and after a seemingly endless tour, they’ll continue to rock more stages across the Pond. With their infectious performances and effortless wave of fun, there’s no doubt they’ll be back to once again enchant listeners and invite them into the ethereal world they’ve created.

Until then, take advantage of some other band crushes set to also make their mark at Metro this March!

3/1-Ra Ra Riot

3/15-Django Django

3/28-alt-J

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
UIC Contributor.