GRAPEFRUIT= STAR FRUIT!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

One Grapefruit has more than 100% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C. In addition, lycopene, the red pigment that gives fruits and vegetables their color is linked to protection against heart disease, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and is proven to help reduce LDL also known as “bad” cholesterol.

That is why Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD food & nutrition expert, created the “Food and Lifestyle Plan” incorporating grapefruit, specially designed for active and busy women who want to go back to being athletic. According to his plan, grapefruit is the key to getting healthy and back on track.

If you want to be active and have a healthier lifestyle, chances are you need a little push, which you can get from grapefruit. This plan tries to keep everything getting healthy and delicious, but above all it’s made to be easy to follow for women with an active lifestyle. For the whole plan check them out on their Facebook page: Juicy Scoop.

Grapefruit is rich in fat burning enzymes; these are high in water and have little sodium. The combination of these three features make grapefruit a perfect meal that helps accelerate your metabolism Just remember that before making any changes to your diet, you should consult your dietitian first.

Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.